What does this mean??

My son (7mos) is usually quiet when he's around his dad or older brother, but if he sees me he starts whining whimpering crying, he's not happy long for me...I know he's just a baby but is this a phase or ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That means you are doing a great job as a mom! Congratulations!!
    Your baby feels comfortable "complaining" to you. He trusts you so much he is able to tell you all his problems and trust you to fix them. Get used to it though, it stays this way his whole life : ) I still call and complain to my "mommy" all the time.
    When you do get frustrated just remember why you are the one is crying to and it will warm your heart knowing he loves you so much.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 8:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I agree with pp. He cries for you because your mom and you can fix everything. He knows it. Babies know a lot more than we give them credit for. My son only says mama when he's really upset and needs me to fix it.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My son (7 mos old) does the SAME EXACT THING!!! The second I walk into the same room as him, he starts whining with his "ma ma mas"!! Hubby says it's b/c I spoil him but i think the other posters are right...it's b/c we are mom and moms make them feel better and fix everything. I thought mine was the only one who did this so it's nice to see he's not. lol

I work a few hours a week and when I get home Hubby ALWAYS says he was quiet and good all day until you came home from work!! lol.
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding? I had this with dd as well, and I asked my dr. about it and she said it was because they constantly smell milk on you. Her exact words were "When your mom or husband hold her, she's quiet cuz she's not looking to go grocery shopping". But when she got a whiff of the milk maker, the fussing began. I think this explanation ties in with the others though...mom gives the best cuddles and kisses and babies aren't afraid to let you know that! It's not that DH isn't doing a good job too...but young babies just need MOMMY sometimes. :-D
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• maybe you think he is whining but really he is excited to see you......
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• haha. my son is 2 and STILL does the same thing.. sad thing is that when I see my mom , I STILL melt for her and turn in to puddy if I am sad or hurting or emotional..its NOT A bad thing even though it does seem like it right now~~~~~~~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009