What color should I dye my hair?

I am asking some advice on hair color, if there are any hair stylists out there. First of all, if I find a gray hair is it ok to pluck it out? I want to "put some color " on my hair like my sister does, but I don't really know what that means. Does that mean putting peroxide in my hair and bleaching it out? I usually get it hi-lighted blonde, but I wanted to "color" it brown and then put a few hi-lights in.My hair tends to pull red tints in the sun. What should I do?

huffmanall4

Asked by huffmanall4 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If you have used a bleaching product for your high lights, a color dye might not work very well. Pros don't often color OVER bleach.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• You don't want to go 2 shades lighter or darker than your natural shade...believe me, the growout process is very noticeable. I would go to a color specialist the first time and ask her. Then I would do it at home. home = cheaper. There is a glossing product from Natural Instincts that just makes your hair shiny.
    char944

Answer by char944 at 8:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• GO WITH THE SEASONS. WINTER IS USUALLY CHESTNUT BROWN AND USE SUMMER TO LIGHTEN UP.
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 12:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2009