OK this may be a stupid question but here goes!

What is a troll? Is that when a guy is on here trying to start some drama? I see people calling other people on here trolls and I'm new here so I was just wondering. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It can be anybody posting a question to start drama
    Anonymous

• Well, it's generally someone who posts a question that is so ridiculous that it can't possibly be real!! Or it can be someone posting an answer to stir up the pot, so to speak..... Actually on some forums, it's a game.
    Anonymous

• You know, Ive also wondered what that meant. lol Thanks for asking!

butterfly227

Answer by butterfly227 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• A Troll is someone who purposely posts a question or an answer to a question attacking another or the OP ... It is to start drama and fuel a heated and sometimes nasty round of name calling with 99.9% of the time the Troll is hiding behind the "Anon" button...
    There are many regulars here on CM and it can be anyone who actually is just in a Trolls mood...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• someone who answers anon and hides their id and gives a negative answer to your question or makes nasty remarks to make themselves look better
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Or sometimes it's when someone has an opinion that other people don't like. I've been called a troll when I wasn't being one. Normally I don't post questions on here for that reason. Good luck on CM, people can be really judgmental, immature and nasty to one another.
    Anonymous

• The only trolls I ever heard of are the ones back in the late 60's & 70's. They were made of plastic, brown in color and had a head of all different color hair. Ugly as sin, but everyone had at least 1. Oh the good ole days. Ro Oh and history has it they live under bridges so be very careful.
    Roe2457

Answer by Roe2457 at 4:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2009