what creams can i use to help my son with his eczema

ladonnamonay

Asked by ladonnamonay at 8:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used aquafor for my DD,
    For myself I use a cortizone spray, he may be to young for this. I was surprised that the aquafor worked so well for DD. She was about a year old.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• One of my peds said my daughter years ago had eczema, and suggested cortaid.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• hydrocortizone works good for my daughter other lotions burn her skin

Anonymous

• For everyday care we were advised by the Dermatologist to use Aveeno baby Soothing Moisterizer Cream. It is fragrance and dye free. It does a great job. We put it on him am and pm. For hot spots and flare ups though we use a perscription called Verdeso Foam. It comes like mousse in a can and works amazing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Can the pedi prescribe you a cream. Thats what mine did and it went away over night!! I also use Aveeno baby wash and it doesn't dry out his skin like the Johnson & Johnson.
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• we started using colloidal silver soap for skin issues. It's found at the natural products store. It clears up EVERYTHING.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• go to the dermatologist and they will give you a cream...it depends on how severe it is for what they prescribe to you. My son had to have 2..one for his face and one for the rest of his body
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• im not sure of any creams.. but i do know st. ives intense healing works good. at least it does for me an my husband. maybe it would for your son?
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 9:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My dd has tried so many different remedies, both prescribed and natural. Every child reacts differently. Eucerin seemed to be the best non-prescription for her. There is an eczema oil that works great but is only used for short term. I have noticed that when my dd increased her water intake, she had very few outbreaks. not sure if thats the reason but it works for her.
    Nishae

Answer by Nishae at 9:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I agree go to a dermatologist. They can prescribe a cortizone cream that is mild for babies but mean while you can do oatmeal baths. Instead of using soap you can use a wash called cetiphil that works wonders on my daughters skin. There are two types you want to use the one for delicate skin. Also after bathing your child use aquaphor to moisturize the skin.
    numbawunmom

Answer by numbawunmom at 10:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2009