Chocolate covered frozen bananas?

How long will they last in the freezer? And what is an easy way to make them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Melt the chocolate you want to use. Peel the banana, cut in half lenthwise & across - so it's in 4 long-ish peices. Dip one at a time into chocolate, so the whole thing is covered. OR you can stick a popsicle stick in one end and dip it - still dip the whole thing. Lay on waxed paper, parchment paper, or reynold's non-stick foil til chocolate is solid. Place in a freezer bag or container, or individually in food saver bags. As long as the banana is completely covered they should stay good for a few months at least - I freeze bananas all the time (peeled, in bags) for smoothies & banana muffins/bread and have left them in for months at a time - the chocolate will serve as extra protection so they should stay good for quite a while.
    Anonymous

• I cut the bananas in chunks, insert a popsicle stick, freeze for 20 minutes. Then I dip in melted chocolate and whatever "toppings" (sprinkles, nuts, crushed cookies). I freeze again for about 20 minutes. I would eat them right away. They get nasty after a day or 2.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2009