if anyone know how to start their own house cleaning business

I want to start my own house cleaning person business, But i dont know how to start. I dont work right now because alot of things conflict it, my kids school, my husband schedule. and we dont want to pay for daycare. I am bored at home and want to make some kind of income and i was thinking about cleaning ppl house for the income.I dont know how to begin in the process. Can anyone helps ?

branwifey

Asked by branwifey at 9:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Good luck with that.. Everyone I know who has cleaned houses for years and years are losing houses because people just can't afford to pay them anymore so it really isn't that stable of a business to get into.
    With that said, start advertising and asking around if you really want to get into it.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 9:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Start with finding out the local requirements for getting a business license; go to www.irs.gov to get a tax ID number; contact an insurance agent to get insured and bonded.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• you should put an ad on Craigslist
    MyLifeKatie

Answer by MyLifeKatie at 11:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• A licence is required and in most places bonding is required to open any buisness. So like before was said. Get a licence. they are not expensive. Get bonded and talk to your agent about an insurance policy called a PLUP. that will help protect your liability and also get the bond. Your insurance agent is your best source of information about all that and your needs. Then advertise. Craigs list and anywhere that is free or inexpensive. If you do good word of mouth is always the best advertising! All of this is true for any buisness you want to start. Not just cleaning. Also make up flyers for landlords. They need reliable bonded and licenced cleaners all the time.
    Roharn

Answer by Roharn at 3:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ill tell you a little thing a friend came up with . One of my mainanence crew desided that he could clean apartments and paint them for one low price. He got together with a friend that did maintanance. And together they started this buisness. They would offerd a turn over package. repaire, clean (including carpets)an paint the units based on how many rooms there were. The prices were set and were a real vlue. Within a month they had more buisness than they could handle and hired people. He only manages his employees now from the office and makes a nice living. All he had to do was get his licence and bonding, bought some eggshell white paint ( the cheapest), cleaning materials and rented a steam machine and thats it. no big deal. no secret to success. Just a good idea.
    Roharn

Answer by Roharn at 3:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I did house cleaning when my daughter was young, I wanted a schedule that worked around hers. I know with the economy people are cutting back but, If you are just trying to make extra money. Keep very low prices. Because the reality is they are just paying for your time. I had them supply everything for cleaning, rags, cleaners etc. I just walked in and cleaned for them, didn't bring anything they had it there. Even with the economy people still need help cleaning but won't pay as much as they used to but if your inexpensive people will hire you. Also, I did a REALLY good job and I just got ONE house to start and if you're good the word will spread. I ran ONE ad in the local paper got the first house and never had to spend another dime, word of mouth got me the rest of the homes and I actually had to turn people away at one point. Good luck, it is a great way to earn extra cash. Also, keep reciepts for what you buy for your
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• house and take them to your tax guy. You can write off mileage, things you buy for your house like paper towels cleaners etc, a portion of your utilities. Which helps at tax time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• How about something like this...

http://www.scentsy.com/my2scents

It's not house cleaning...but it's what I do from home to help support my family...and to have a life outside of cleaning house, changing diapers, school...Let me know if I can help with any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 3:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I've been working at home for over a year and I've been able to find some successful jobs working at home as an independent contractor, I got some information through this site and I've gotten a lot of help try visiting the site and give them a try, they may be able to help you out if your trying to build your own business, I know they've help me. :)
    http://www.wahmjobfinder.com/livelonger
    WAHMLivingHappy

Answer by WAHMLivingHappy at 12:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2009