What makes someone gay?

What I mean by this is, is it strictly the sexual part? Or can someone be straight, but not really be into the opposite sex, but not really into the same sex as well? I ask because it just seems there are so many people professing their "gayness" these days and I'm curious if they just feel "not" attracted to the opposite sex, or is it because they actually feel an attraction to the same sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Anon, let's not argue semantics, we all know what the OP meant.

I have a friend who is asexual. About 1% of the population is not sexually attracted to ANYONE. They have absolutely zero interest in sex. So there are those people out there.

But I think that homosexuality is just becomming more OK these days, and so more people feel free to express it, and admit to it. I think it's a good thing. No one should have to live a lie.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Gay means happy or quirky. Homosexuals can be gay, and many of them are, but gay doesn't mean homosexual.
    Anonymous

• if you get it in the ass you are def GAY for men and if you eat pussy your gay for a girl. or bi if you still take the other.
    Anonymous

• people are gay the same way straight people are straight. the attractions they feel are natural and vary by person. its not so much more people are gay now as its more ok for them to come out in this day and age.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Their DNA.
    Anonymous