Measuring 35 wk at 31 wk...due date off?

I lost 5 lbs and have only gained 10lb total this pregnancy. My first I gained 60-70 and was only 1 wk ahead. Can my due date be off?

mrsmilander

Asked by mrsmilander at 9:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not necessarily. sometimes you can go through a spurt of change/growth and it balances out. my ob said women usually have one or two weeks of greater growth and it ends up fairly even. and no pregnancy is the same. If your doctor isn't worried about your weight gain, you're probably fine.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I measure way ahead with all my pregnancies! The growth may slow down or you may measure ahead the whole time. Personally I don't think it means a whole lot. It is just a guide.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Probably not, if it had been off the measurements would have been consistently off the whole pregnancy not just now, the measurements themselves are not exact and a lot of things can influence them. I measured 6 weeks ahead at one point during both my pregnancies, it meant nothing at all.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2009