Do you think- (please no drama- its a simple "how do u feel towards this" question) I don't want anyone fighting each other

Do you think that a missing white person gets more attention from the media than a missing black person? I really don't know, but I do know that most of the times that I see amber alerts or missing persons reports the face is always white. But I don't know if thats because thats all thats going missing around here or if the police are only focusing on the white cases. But supposesdly (from what I hear) all black missing persons cases are chalked up to drug use, (and I dont know what missing babies are chalked up to) but for the most part black cases are pushed under the rug and white cases are pasted all over news papers and tv. again I say i dont know if this is true or not but what do you think? here is the link to what I was reading that made me start to wonder..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.bvblackspin.com/2009/11/10/missing-blacks-get-less-media-attention/?icid=main|htmlws-bv-n|dl3|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bvblackspin.com%2F2009%2F11%2F10%2Fmissing-blacks-get-less-media-attention%2F
    Anonymous

• I think that there probably is a little bit of a bias, but you also have to remember that more white people go missing in this country because there are more white people in this country lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• You might not win with this one...

however if you are black then it is a common issue of fact.

At the same time how many kidnapers are black?
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I don't undestand what it is your getting at? You say you want no drama, but your accusing the media of basically being racist. Why is the race issue always being brought up? Potus I suppose?
    Anonymous

• It depends on your area. Most Amber alerts are not nationwide. I live in Texas and it seems like 95% are not white but then again our area is mainly hispanic and black. If you're in a mainly white state like Iowa or something then chances are white kids will be more dominant there. Most of the time if it is a child it is plastered everywhere but if it is an adult you don't hear too much about it. I'd love to see amber alerts for missing adults. I think it would save precious lives. Here amber alerts are only for children. I think thats nation wide. If you going missing as an adult no one looks for you for 48 hours and its half heartedly at that.
    Anonymous

• If you look up the missing children cases you'll notice that most african american children that go missing the suspect is a family member. Those cases get little attention. Its the stranger abductions that get the attention. Look it up.
    Anonymous

I am not getting at anything- I just read this article and it made me sad and made me wonder what other people thoguht about it- in my are I really don't see too many missing person reports that have black faces and I was wondering if it was because the article was right or if I was just making more of it than it really is
    Anonymous

• I'll just restate what I said in your other question I answered! Lol! I think this is true for the national media. They cover the heart wrenching stories. The adorable little children, the tear jerkers. Generally I believe they are beautiful white girls. I have rarely seen a missing black child covered in the national news. However, locally I don't think it makes any difference. They cover every missing local child the same. Because it directly affects the community I live in!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• All missing children will have an amber alert, but from what I have researched and heard white missing children cases usually get much more media attention. Unless you are the media why are you getting all worked up about accusations about it anyway? Really she is just asking for an opinion about something she had read.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Actually most of the amber alerts that I see around here ARE for black children! I have seen several lately, so I agree that it's the area you are in. I do think that the race issue is evolving and equality on some things is being reached. I sometimes feel as though the racism goes the other way. Like as white people we are not to be as dramatic as other races or we are considered racist! I am from the South. I'm okay with an interracial couple, but that is their choice and they should not get special treatment because they chose each other just like I don't get special attention because I'm white. I think it's all in how you look at things. If you are trying to keep track of how the white people get more attention, then that is what you will see... if you try to see equality, then you will find it more easily... Just my opinion.
    Anonymous