Did your DH help pick out your wedding dress?

I was just watching Say Yes to the Dress and I am amazed, especially at one bride, who fell in love with a dress but her fiancee didn't like something about it so she didn't get it. She called him to come to the store to look at it to get his approval. She said she couldn't decide without him. This I think is a little more than just helping but I was wondering how many brides had their DH involved in the dress picking.
My DH had no clue what my dressed looked like until I walked down the aisle. I did ask his opinion on the bridesmaid dresses though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Haha, no way.
    My MOH was the only person I took with me to get a dress.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 9:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My DH was in Iraq when I got my dress; I told him that it had sleeves and a short skirt, lol! Needless to say, his jaw dropped when he saw me walking towards him :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Nope, I'm old fashioned and didn't want him to see it till that day. But, he prolly woulda just annoyed me anyway, men in my family should never be taken clothes shoppin :P
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I gave my Hubby 3 choices and he picked out the one he liked... We aren't all that traditional though, we had both been married before.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I Love THAT show... it is so funny. Especially the twin sister who vetoed every single dress lol!!!

I chose mine by myself, my mother wanted me to get a victorian style dress with high collar neckline and longsleeves too!

I chose a very lacy dress with a swoop neck. Felt ultra feminine that day. Unuusal for me considering that I hated to dress up ever!!

lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i went with a friend of mine saw it loved it went home told my fiancee how much it was he gave me the money and we went to pick it up, he said lets take a big blanket to cover your dress i dont want to see it till our wedding day. it was wonderful to see his facial expression when he saw me..
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 9:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• He saw pics of it but only after the decision was made.
    Anonymous

• yes, I brought the dress home I loved it so much I wanted to show it off. He loved it.!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My sisters and I all wore the same dress, so I didn't pick it out. I wore it second. We all had different headpieces, so unless you paid close attention, you wouldn't know that it was the same dress on all three of us. It did need to get taken in for the youngest (she's still the thinnest of us.....) I did it because I did like it and it wasn't very expensive if we all split it.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I saw that one too, and the lady kept saying that she couldn't make a decision w/o her fiance, like any decision w/o him. AAAHHH lady, RUN! That's not good. I love that show. I have it on my DVR list.

But to actually answer your question, no, dh did not help pick out my dress. He didn't see it until I walked down the aisle.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2009