first pregnancy question please answer

hello, this is my first pregnancy. Ive had a ultrasound and everything im almost 11 weeks ever since before i knew i was pregnant i had a tender side it goes away and comes like little cramping but only on my left side. i was worried about it and asked my dr and he said something about it may have been where the egg was released from or something like that i didnt really understand. If you touch my lower middle abdominal and go over to the left a little thats where its tender once in awhile. did you have this? Can you explain to me better why this happens, and will it happen for my whole pregnancy? thank you if this obgyn doesnt explain things to me better and isnt in a hurry all the time i will be changing very soon!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I kinda had that, it was a little higher, like just below my last rib on the left and to the side. It just felt really tender but it wasn't bruised. I have no idea why that happened. It even stuck around for a few months after DD was born. maybe we both had two random different things but I don't know. just wanted to at least post you aren't alone!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The whole time I was pregnant it felt like my ovary hurt the doctor said it could be anything but since the baby and I were doing good we didn't need to worry. It could be where the placenta is attached or you are more sensitive to "growing pains" in that spot.... at least that's what they told me
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I had the same pain (I don't want to scare you) but I had an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. By 8 weeks my tube ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery. I pray this is not your case but I would have it checked immediately.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It may hurt if you ovulate because the egg is literally bursting from the ovary. Residual pain following pregnancy could be due to hormones causing sensitivity in the organs. Plus you're much more aware of your body-- anything is going to catch your attention. This hyperawareness makes you take notice of aches and pains you may have ignored before.

Remember, too, that your uterus is getting ready to grow to accommodate your growing baby. Despite popular belief, our uteruses aren't perfectly centered. I remember getting very sharp stabbing pains, mainly on the left side, early on in the pregnancy. My doctor advised it was my uterus stretching and getting bigger.

If you don't think your doctor is giving you due attention during this very wonderful but scary time-- fire him/her. You deserve more and better.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• it usually means that ur babys arm or leg is getting ready to be in ur ribs for awhile or sometimes its because your stomach is stretching. cuz i went to the er cuz i had the same pain and thats what they told me.
    ryansbabygurl88

Answer by ryansbabygurl88 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My cousin had the same pain during her second pregnancy. It started as a ectopic pregnancy, but luckily the baby dropped into her uterus before he got too big. Most of the time this happens it's so early in the pregnancy that docs don't even know it's happened. The only reason we knew with my cousin is because they did an ultrasound to check on a small growth she developed after having her first. So even though it hurts everything is ok. Talk to your ob and ask him to explain to what he thinks it is. If you feel it's something different talk to him about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2009