What do you do to save parsley?

My DD had the biggest, greenest, lushest parsley growing I ever saw! She cut it for me before the freeze would kill it. What do you do with it? Freeze it or dry it? If you dry it how do you do it? Your kind reply is appreciated.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Drying is probably simplest. I'd tie the stems together in small bunches and hang the herb upside down in the kitchen. I have venetian blinds and hook a twisty tie over those- just so the herb has plenty of air flow. If you have lots of it, you could suspend a piece of twine or rope between two cabinets, etc, for hanging the bunches. For smaller amounts of herbs I arrange them over a few paper towels and turn at least once a day to make sure all surfaces are exposed to the air.

Answer by Bmat at 9:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would wash and freeze it.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Wash it, chop it up fine, and put it into ice cube trays. One normal sized ice cube is about a tablespoon of parsley. Once it's frozen, you can pop the cubes out of the tray and put them in a ziplock. Make sure you label it!

You can do the same thing with any herb. Works great with basil, which usually turns black if you try to hang it to dry (too moist).
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 4:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2009