Someone PLEASE help me :(

I'm in my younger twentys. I had a baby 15 months ago. I'm a single mom but I recently got with a great guy. Now here is my problem...I have NO sex drive what so ever!! I thought when you got with someone and the relationship was new that was something you did all the time! I've been told that being depressed or stressed can affect your sex drive, but I'm neither of those. I've very happy with my life, except in the sex area :( I don't have any insurance right now, so I can't really go to the Dr. and see if they can help. Any ideas how to fix this?? Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you afraid that the same thing will happen that happened with your child's biological father? I don't know the situation AT all, but maybe that could be hindering it? Also to get my sex drive back up I work out, apparently it triggers testosterone, maybe you could try that? Just some crunches and sit ups, maybe that will help :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Maybe you should give it sometime sounds like the relationship is quite new, maybe your heart is telling you to slow down. So many men seem so great to begin with but let him prove that to you be for you put it all out there. It also could be that you are not sexually attracked to him
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• OP here: Now that you mention it I think it very well could be part of past I'm scared of. Any ideas how to get past that?? Because I'm completely over him, I hate him as a matter of fact.
    Anonymous

• Look into hypothyroidism and see if the symptoms fit you. :)
    Anonymous

• maybe you need to spice things up a bit! get something tasty,a toy to use together,try a new position,have fun with it. good luck, but you do have a baby and that takes a lot out of you,so relax some take a nice long bubble bath then go have fun.
    GingerNeeSmith

Answer by GingerNeeSmith at 10:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• .....It's honestly stress i can't and dont wanna either...

after awhile lol its like a chore!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The following comment is absolutely not meant to sound snotty at all but...

Wait until you are married to have sex. I chose it mainly for spiritual reasons, my hubby chose to do so to keep things uncomplicated (it's complicated, lol). My sex drive is the female equivalent of an 18yr old boy, lol!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the last answer. I am a Chrisitan and this is of extreme importance but aside from that, women need an intimate relationship in order to connect sexually and if there is no "real" emotional intimacy, comittment, trust, future plan, etc. There are no ties to bind you. You can't have sex first and this other stuff later, it just doesn't work out well.

Imagine a man who is interested in YOU and wants to connect with who you ARE and loves you and your child so much he wants to marry you, protect, love and provide for you, all without sleeping with you...now THAT gets me hot! Sex outside of marriage is not in the Lord's plan for anyone for MANY reasons and the blessings are abundant if you submit to his plan for you.
    antivaccinemom

Answer by antivaccinemom at 11:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• What kind of birth control are you using? Both the pill and the Nuva ring killed my sex drive. It could be something related to that.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would check into thyroid trouble as well. I have it.

Though Im divorced not dating anyone and I am pushing 50 so my sex drive is NIL.......which is great for me! I don't mind it.....when I was seeing this one guy..he was awesome but I had NO sex drive...AND its the energy I do not have......Im not depressed and was diagnosed again with thyroid trouble.

Please look into that.......and even IF the blood test comes back as having higher then usual levels.......where I live my thyroid meds only cost $14.00 a month without insurance via Walgreens.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2009