Looking for online schools..

I want to find a college or something that offers and online BA degree?
any good ideas most of them around here only offer 2 year degrees for community colleges.. anyone taken a BA online and can recomend a good school

miss_nevin

Asked by miss_nevin at 10:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in

• I AM A PHOENIX hahaha sorry I just always wanted to say that to someone! I'm attending University of Phoenix online..my friend just got her assc. degree and is going to get her bach through them. She knows someone who is currently in the bach program. It's a good school and there a people who help you through the whole process; I definitely recommend it..Congrats on your decision to go back to school!!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I had horrible experience with online school.(kaplan) they canceled my loans for no reason.... also cancelled the program i was taking with them without any noticed...paid money in for nothing.

i would check with a local university first and see if they offer any degrees.

Good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My husband is currently getting his MBA online through Western Governors University. They have bachelors programs as well. We researched a lot to find a reasonably priced online university and this one was easily the best value.

http://www.wgu.edu/
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• South University...I love it and they are really involved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Stay away from for-profit schools (like U of Phoenix and Kaplan). They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I go to Liberty University and do their online program. Many schools do this. You can check out ClassesUSA and it will help you find the right college for you.

purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm going to Kaplan, and I love it! The classes are relatively inexpensive, and I get almost $1000.00 back from financial aid. I am taking 2 classes (thats all they let freshmen take:() and have been on the Dean's list since the beginning! Thats a first for me:)
    Anonymous