Any ideas what to get my soon to be SIL for Christmas?

My brother is engaged to a super sweet girl, they are getting married in june. Anyway I drew her name for Christmas and cannot decide what to get her. I wanted to make a photo book of pics from the relationship with my bro, but it turns out he is already doing that!!! I want to get something that kinda says welcome to our family, glad to have ya, not just like a pair of earrings or something ya know? Thanks!

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your family's favorite recipes, especially your brothers favorite meals.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• An embroidered sign that says, "Run away while you can!"
    Anonymous

• hahahaha anonymous that is cute. I thought about that one Nathskitten.... except my mom never really cooked anything but hamburger helper and frozen lasagna.....
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• You can always gather inspiration from Things Remembered. They have stores everywhere and also sell online at www.thingsremembered.com. They personalize their items with engraving and have a wide variety of items for every person in your life and for every occasion. I love shopping there!
    Congrats on gaining a new 'sister.' I wish you many years of happiness ahead. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ooh! I just thought of something else!
    Purchase an address book and list everyone in the family in it that she would eventually need/want contact with during her marriage. You can include their addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, birthdays, anniversaries, how they are related to your brother, etc.
    This may help her to feel more of a part of the family and will save her time later on from asking your brother for proper names & addresses to send Christmas cards.
    I'm sure she may also want to help him remember his parent's birthdays and anniversary, too.

Just a thought. :)

Also, stationary with envelopes, postage stamps, and envelope seals are nice. Having address labels made for her and your brother are nice, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Prydferth- THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! those are great ideas I LOVE the address book one!!!!!!!! <3
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2009