My Baby is 6 months and I want to switch her from Dairy Formula to Soy Formula, How should I do it?

MyLifeKatie

Asked by MyLifeKatie at 11:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I switched my baby it was because I had to, and I just did it. I went from a dairy bottle to a soy bottle and never back.
    Anonymous

• want to? Or need to? If it's need to then talk to her doctor and s/he'll tell you how to do it. If it's want to then you need to seriously think about why on earth you're changing your child's formula with it's working just fine(if it's not working then that would fall into the need to).
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Why?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well do u know how u swith from Formula to realy milk? I would think u would something like that let's say ur baby drinks 8oz every 3hours first bottle u put 2oz of milk and the rest of Formula then the next day put 1/2 and 1/2 and ya but idk don't know how to switch Formula I would think its the same that
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 7:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• You shouldn't unless you have to. Soy is the last resort of all formulas. It's acts like estrogen in the body and it's a widely believed theory that soy is why girls are hitting puberty earlier.

Even my parents cattle vet said not to give them soy for the same reason.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2009