What remedy to you have to cure your aching head and neck for yelling too much?

How can I stop yelling at the top of my lungs to my kids...aarrgg!!!
Talking is out of the question.
Or dad has to intervene...if you know what I mean.

My neck starts to hurt then I get a small headache...I don't know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You could shut the hell up and try to learn patience.*I am saying that cuz I used to be like that.* What are you yelling at them for? What types of things are setting you off? Try reading How to talk to so your kids will listen. :) HUGS, hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My kids are the same way. It boils down to too much stress in our house. We are on the verge of a major breakup, I'm only here til I can finish school.(about another 9 months) they sense our tension i'm sure. If you are busier than normal, that might be why. They are looking for attention. I'm not bashing you, because I have the same problem here I can't seem to find as much time as I'd like with my kids. I still spend more time with them than their dad does, he's too busy being glued to the tv drinking and smoking like a chimney. Look at me, going on and on here. sorry. this is the "about you post" not the "about me post". LOL

Anyway, there is a meditation group on here if you need the link let me know. it just started. Great ways to relax for mommies like us.

If you ever want to chat PM me. :) good luck.

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Stop yelling! It's not good for you and it doesn't work.

Use a board with red and green cards. As the kids make you want to yell, turn over the cards instead. Either the cards lead to a reward such as a movie from the library or extra time on the playstation (whatever works in your family), by having so many green cards at the end of a specified time period. Or the red cards lead to having stuff taken away or maybe dad's intervention. Give them as many chances as you see fit and if you want to moderate it some use yellow caution cards in between formore chances. follow thru on the results. We post both
    so everyone knows what is at stake

The kids can SEE how good or bad they are and you didn't have to raise your voice once. I got this idea here on CM and believe me it does work for us and my son is autistic. It has been a life saver. We used a pizza box with baggies taped to it and made the cards out of construction pap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Its called Stress Headaches!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• stop yelling and get the dvd 1,2,3, magic. if youre consistent with it, the yelling wont hardly every be necessary again. It works!!!!
    persia777

Answer by persia777 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2009