help please is co sleeping illeagal

my ex threatened to call child services on me because my son co sleeps (he's almost 2) and doesn't have his own room.money is tight i was laid off 6mo ago and live with my mother in a 2 bedroom.(we might be able to afford a bigger place if he paid child support) can he do that? will they take my child like he says what should i do? i live in oklahoma does anybody know what the laws are here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• It is not illegal. I cosleep with my daughter, she is 16months and I wouldn't have it any other way. If you want some really great info on cosleeping benefits to throw in his face and make yourself feel better about what you are doing look up Kellymom.com and search cosleeping. You are doing the right thing by getting his butt to pay child support. Good luck and have fun empowering yourself! :-)
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Cosleeping is not illegal in any state. Your ex is being a douche. Let him call. There's no law against being poor either.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I don't think it is illegal. Do you provide a crib? If so, how can he prove you don't use it?
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Erm...I'm not up to speed on Oklahoma law but I don't know of anywhere that cop-sleeping is illegal. I know that some doctors frown on co-sleeping because of the risk to the baby but if he's 2...I'm pretty sure you'd know it if you rolled over on him. I've co-slept with my last two boys until they were 1-ish. I really don't see how it could be an issue.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• LOL, I think he's just trying to scare you. I don't think it's illegal. But you should check, don't just take his word. On anything, apparently. You should also look into having the courts order him to pay child support. If he wants to get the law involved, let him. I got a feeling he's gonna end up in trouble, not you.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• he's being a jerk....ignore him! Oh and I would report him for not paying child support!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't believe it's illegal to cosleep, but it is illegal to not pay child support.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• **********************************************************************************************************i'm taking him to court for child support i think that is what started this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Does the child have his own bed at least?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Do you mean co-cleeping as in sharing the same bed or simply sharing the same ROOM?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2009