Wanting to surprise Fiance

He is really concerned about the baby and I since the miscarriage of our twins and I want to do something to relieve his stress and worries at least a little bit since he hasn't been able to make it to any appointments yet and the baby isn't moving so where he can feel it yet so he feels really out of the loop and like he is on the side lines. I was thinking of getting a random ultrasound for him with finding out the gender and setting up the pictures of this ultrasound and previous with a balloon stating the sex, that way when he comes home he will have this surprise. He's been DIEING to know what it is and my scheduled ultrasound is still about 3-4 weeks away. So I was just wondering if this was a good idea or not? Thanks!

ZammiesMommy

Asked by ZammiesMommy at 11:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that is a wonderful idea and I think he will love it! Congrats to you. Let us know what you have1!! :)
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I think that could be a very good idea, but honestly, if you really want to surprise him, how about one pink and one blue balloon, attached to a little calendar, with the instructions that you want him to pick what day and time is good for his schedule (or maybe a couple of choices, in case there's a schedule conflict) - so he can go with you :-)

It would still be a surprise that you were wanting to do that for him, and this way, he can be even more involved :-)

But even if that doesn't work, I think your idea is cute!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I would love to be able for him to go but he is in Nursing school full-time and most days he has clinical and that's something that runs him late and something he cannot just not go to cause he will fail and have to do everything all over again. He has one day off this month and its thanksgiving and the ultrasound place is closed, so I hate that it's like that. This is the only way I see him being somewhat involved. Especially if I can get a full video of it all. I truly wish it was easier for him to go. I have an appointment Friday and he can't even go to that :(
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 1:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• how i told my husband what we were having was by writing boy with an arrow pointing to my belly button on my stomach, then i showed him the video. but i think any idea would be exciting and fun!
    cdmillard23

Answer by cdmillard23 at 3:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry :-( that is a crazy schedule! Please don't take what I said as meaning I didn't think your idea wasn't good - I thought it was a great idea!

I was just trying to get in the spirit of you celebrating with him and thinking of ways that could include him - because I think it's very sweet and loving that you want to do something like this to make him a part of it all - because I think all too often we as women seem to want to make being pg all a "woman thing" - something we share with our moms, sisters, friends, etc - and leave our SO's out of it. I think it's very cool that you're wanting to do everything you can to make him a part of it :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2009