Have you read Stephenie Meyer's "The Host"?

If so, what did you think?

Also, they are beginning the process of turning this into a movie. Thoughts on that?

What would be your ideal cast for Melanie/Wanda, Ian, Jared, etc?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did read it, and I really liked it. The only thing that I was confused about is how it was advertised as her only "adult" work of fiction. I don't see what makes it any more adult than the Twilight saga, but that's just my opinion.

I think that if it's done well, it will be a great movie.

Ideal cast... I'm trying to remember the characters lol.

Hmmmm... Melanie/Wanda: Maybe Amber Tamblyn. Ian: oh what's his name lol. He was in Supernatural (show) and the new My Bloody Valentine.... Jared: Maybe Jake Gyllenhaall.

I can't remember their descriptions well enough now, and I didn't think about it much when I read the book. It's been several months. I actually thought about Kristen Stewart for Wanda/Melanie, but she's already done Twilight. I think she might have made a decent one, though. I think Hayden Panittier would make a good Wanda at the end, where she's so tiny.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I'm thinking someone Jessica Biel-ish for Melanie/Wanda. That's it. I'm out of ideas, lol.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2009