Does this make me a bad mom

Why is that jst because a mom in her 30's or 40's is into her looks or into fashion she gets critisized. I have heard so many times that i dress to young or im trying to hard or im attention starved. Just because i try to keep in shape and keep myself dressed to the nines. Do i dress young yes, Ill be honest i think i have great legs so i like to wear mini skirts, some parts im not so happy with like my boobs im flat i know that lol I like to show off my assests why is that wrong? And yes i do it for attention, attention from my hubby I love it when he cant keep his hands off. Why is that bad people critisize me like i am some type of bad mom or that wearing a tank top a mini skirt and heals is being a bad mother I dont get it. IM SICK OF THE COMMENTS!!!

luckyblueeyeris

Asked by luckyblueeyeris at 12:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I am a 28 year old goth mom, although we are coming from different places I get judged the same way. People don't like it if you try and they don't like it if you do. So be true to yourself, if you have great legs show them off to the world, same with a bit of cleavage. Good for you for being confidant and knowing what you want
    :)
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I think it really depends on how it looks. You don't want to have your crotch hanging out or your nipples showing. There is a difference between dressing young and tasteful and dressing like a hooker. Also you don't want to embarrass your children. Even if you think its cool that his friends are making comments about how good you look, he probably doesn't. But I don't think that it makes you a bad mom in any way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't know, but I look at it this way. What makes young and/or thin people think they're the only one's entitled to wear revealing clothes anyway? I say this: If people are going to be one-sided about it, don't wear it all. KWIM? I mean, personally I'm not for ANYONE wearing too-revealing clothes, but it gives them no right to make it only for certain types of people. The LAST people (IMO) that need to be wearing revealing clothes are the young girls anyway. lol. The older one's are already married, and matured. The younger ones are all getting knocked up before they're out of their diapers. Yes, it's true, so nobody get pissy at me for acknowledging facts about teenage pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well, maybe some people think you are inapproiately dressed for your age, or any age. "Mini-skirts" give off the wrong impressions for everyone. And, I think if you just wanted the attention from your husband, then you would dress that way only for him in private. But, honestly, if it makes you happy, and fell good about yourself, then why do you even bother with what other people think and say? You know if you are a good mom or not. All I am saying is... we are all under the impression when we meet people.. "what you see, is what you get." It's hard for our brains to get past what we see.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I never said that only think people should dress sexy i think every womans hould I believe that all women love to feel sexy and desired, so all women should feel totally free to do so. Showoff your best assests thats my theroy!!!!
    luckyblueeyeris

Answer by luckyblueeyeris at 1:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yea, I know. I was just bringing that up because it's been a debate many times before too. People always trying to "categorize" everyone to where they fit in a certain group of stereotypes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well let me just put it this way.... I am a 25 year old wife and mother. When I I go out I feel like I represent my family. I got rid of the mini skirts and short shorts, revealing blouses, I don't need that type of clothing to feel confident. Does this mean that I don't have assets? No, it means that I have enough self confidence and respect for my husband to not walk around in things I wore 5 years ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• ok so wearing a mini or a pair of inch heels makes me a bad mom?? I amnot sure how your post answers my question?
    luckyblueeyeris

Answer by luckyblueeyeris at 2:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• OK baby girl! hehe. You are fine. I think we all go through this at this point in our lives. I wish i could find myself caring how I look. And thats where i get the critasism. "She just doesnt care about herself any more" is what they say. I do I just refocused on something different. My mother was ridiculed for the dressing like a middle age mom. My grandmother for dressing lie a snob. There will always be people that ridicule. Usualy because it makes them fel better about them. Dont worry about it. If your happy and your hubb is happy thats all that matters. And Kids are gonna be mortified by s any way. I ake a point to embaris them before they embaris me. Wrong I know. LOL
    Roharn

Answer by Roharn at 5:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• When someone criticises your personal appearance, it usually comes from jealousy.  I'm 46 and in pretty decent shape.  I shop in designer stores and wear form fitting clothes.  My husband also can't keep his hands off me. 

I spent too many years as a frump, NEVER AGAIN!  I look good for my age and I'm going to flaunt it! 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2009