tying to get pg

ok so i took the depo ONE TIME back in feb of this yr...i've been screwed up ever since then and just now, about a month ago, got on the pill to tryn get my body back to normal. my husband and i have decided that we want to try for another baby. how long is it gonna take for this to happen? after about 7 months of bleeding i got on the pill which i had stopped bleeding 2 days before i started the pill..i was supposed to start like 2 days ago but havent yet so my periods have seemed to stop i guess? idk..i regret that stupid shot!!! anyway, how long is it going to take to accomplish this pg thing if i dont even know when or if i'm ovulating anymore!! UGH!

missyj1

Asked by missyj1 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm not sure. I wasn't on Depo but before I had baby #1 I was on the pill and it took about 4 months after I stopped taking it. Then I had the mirena IUD after I had baby and I was on it about a year and a half. My husband and I decided to start trying for baby #2 and so far this is month #4 of trying so...it's hard to tell. From what I understand it takes the average healthy couple 4-6 months at least to concieve. I also didn't have regular periods after I had the IUD removed. I hadn't had a period since the end of August until my doctor put me on Provera and so I just had one and finished it. GL. Keep your head up. It will happen.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well its just weird for me cuz with my daughter it took us ONE TIME and got her....got preg a second time not even trying!!! so we are obviously VERY fertile lol....but we have had alot of "accidents" in the past 7 months and nothing has happened so obviously the depo is still gettin in the way even tho i only had that one shot
    missyj1

Answer by missyj1 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yeah from what I hear depo can take awhile to get out of your system all the way so it could take awhile, it might not. GL.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i have had the shot i only has it once though then i got switched 2 4 different pills till my dr tok me off of all of them i have been off of them for 2months and i am 6 weeks preg (i just found out) listen to you body about the ovulateing thing k this is going to be tmi but when you usually ovulate do you get that white discharge and cramps that what i get so thats how i knew i was good luck
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 6:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i took the depo as well and hate it! the last shot messed with me big time! was bleeding for 3 1/2 months straight! if you want to invest money you can get some OPKs (ovualtion predictor kits) they're available online, and not too expensive usually. Try babywishes.org (i believe) if not its .com lol
    Or you can start naturally charting your Cervical Mucous and Basal Body Temp (Cm and BBT) to see when your body is ovualting. I'm new at that part, but fertilityfriend.com sends you a course so you know whats going on and how to go about it. Its been a great deal of help. GL and baby dust to the both of us!!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• klinemom2 yes i am the same way but its so hard telling if thats tellin me im O'ing or not just cuz i've been bleeding for so long!!! i feel like i dont know by body at all anymore!! i just started today so hopefully this will be a normal cycle and get me back on track.....and AmandaN1 thanks for the info AND the baby dust :)
    missyj1

Answer by missyj1 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Depo shot screwed up my cycles too!! I didn't stop bleeding for a couple months, then finally switched to the pill. Then when we were ready to conceive I wasn't getting my period. Turns out the shot messed with me so bad I wasn't ovulating anymore. Had to go on Provera to bring on a period and started my first cycle of clomid this past month. Just found out on Monday that I ovulated!!!! I'm so excited..testing in a few days. So, I would suggest going to your doctor. Good luck!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• AND I was the same way as you!! Got pregnant with my son first time unprotected...so we know we are very fertile too...but we were trying for this one since June and nothing. :[ The shot made me not ovulate.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i really think they should take that shot off the market....its more or less like gettin your freakin tubes tied!!! and all the other effects that come along with it?! RIDICULOUS!!!
    missyj1

Answer by missyj1 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2009