A lump on my breast (TMI?)

So, I am a bit freaked. Three days ago, I noticed what seemed to be a large pimple coming in just outside my areola on my breast. That happens to me every now and again, usually an ingrown hair. But this one was very large, anout the size of a nickel. And it HURT. But I expected it to just come to a head and go away - they always do. But three days later, it is now the size of a quarter and hurts even more, and it is hard - like a cyst. And no sign of surfacing anytime soon. Is that what they mean when they tell you to look for lumps in your breast? Does this sound normal at all? HELP please!

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with the others...sounds like a boil or some sort of cyst....

I can pretty much tell you it isnt like breast cancer or anything -- those kind of thins are "under the skin" and almost always ( but not always-always) un-painful

Answer by glamomomo at 1:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Sounds like a boil to me, possibly even a bug bite that got infected. Check with your doctor and let them give you some antibotics for it.

Answer by pnwmom at 1:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It sounds like cystic acne or a boil. I imagine a lump to worry about would be one that is not very visible or painful and under the surface. I am in no way experienced in this. I am just giving my sister opinion.

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

Yes, I am yelling at you!

Answer by rjpetty605 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2009