what is your reactions about preeclampsia and highblood pressure during pregnancy?

please answer me,i dont know what to do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Do you mean what would we do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My opinion is that it should be something a mom works to avoid. IF she has this complication then she should take it seriously and work to reduce/eliminate it for her health and safety as well as babies.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I had this with my 1st. From it i had to have weekly stress test done for the baby, my blood pressure checked alllllll the time. steroid shots to boost the baby lung development toward the end (in case we had to take her early) i was on bed rest for the majority of the pregnancy. like the last 3 or 4 months anyway. the last 2 weeks i was in the hospital. and in the end we took her almost 4 weeks early my blood pressure was constantly too high and put my health at risk as well as the baby. we did a C-section because she was breach she had never dropped or flipped for delivery. she wasn't ready. BUT she is fine 100% healthy and all was good! i also gained 75-80 pounds from it!!! A lot of water retention with pre-eclampsia.

then with my 2nd child, i had zero complications it's weird how it works that way .. ?
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 4:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well it can be very serious but it can also be mild. hopefully you have a doctor or midwife you can trust to talk to about it and decide what to do from there. or do some good research online about it. we can't really help especially not knowing the specific circumstances. good luck! =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Preeclampsia is NOT something that you can just AVOID whether you have had it before or not. There is no rhyme or reason to it,. You can however pay attention to your body, check your BP regularly etc. Stay in communication with your Dr. especially if you are at risk for it and let them determine the best treatment for you and your baby.

With no history of high Bp and no other risk factors I developed PE with my 1st pregnancy at 7 months, was put in the hospital under constant supervision, developed H.E.L.L.P Syndrome and ultimately lost our baby at 7.5 months due to complications of PE.

I now (3 years later) have a perfect, healthy 6 month old (Thank you Lord!) and had NO signs of PE at all, I was watched very closely and my BP monitored at least 4 times a day.
    Anonymous

• This is a non-mainstream opinion but it is backed by years of research by OB doctors.
    Pre-e is hypothisized to be a disease of malnutrition, specifically of not taking in enough protein for your body to sustain adequate blood development. See, your body needs protein, salt, and water to make blood cells. Your blood volume needs to double or even triple during pregnancy. If you don't have enough blood volume to meet that need, your BP goes up and your body slows down circulation to your extremities, causing characteristic swelling.
    Eating lots of protein and staying well hydrated will not keep every woman from developing pre e but I've never heard of a case where it didn't help reduce her symptoms.
    Look up Dr. Thomas Brewer and his Blue Ribbon Diet. it's specifically designed to keep pre e from developing and to lessen the symptoms when it does appear.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 3:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009