How to find a babysitter at night?

I have a one year old and I'm working 2 nights a week at a restaurant. Sometimes it can be pretty late but usually my hours are 4-9 or 5- 11

What a good way to find a babysitter that won't charge me an insane amount of money? I have one right now that I pay about 25$ a night (my little sister) but it's not working out. My daughter is usually asleep by 7:30 at the latest, and that's why it's 25$ and not more.

Any tips??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I babysit and I charge $20 for watching a kid or about 8 waking hours. If they are asleep most of the time it shouldn't be that expensive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Is there a college - univeristy, technical college, community college. . .. - within easy driving distance? If so, post on their job center boards. Put your name, daughter's age and bedtime, typical hours for a week, and how much you are willing to pay along with your phone number. I would also suggest talking to local churches as well - the secretary would be a great resource in learning if there are any "grandma's" who would be interested in sitting, or possibly some college aged kids. Probably not high schoolers since 11 is late for a school night.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• sittercity.com
    heather-bear

Answer by heather-bear at 7:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2009