how to find a babysitter at night?

I have a one year old and I'm working 2 nights a week at a restaurant. Sometimes it can be pretty late but usually my hours are 4-9 or 5- 11

What a good way to find a babysitter that won't charge me an insane amount of money? I have one right now that I pay about 25$ a night (my little sister) but it's not working out. My daughter is usually asleep by 7:30 at the latest, and that's why it's 25$ and not more.

Any tips??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried craigslist?

Answer by gdiamante at 4:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i would seek another mom(s) leaving near you and asked for help in exchange for favors - you could cook and/or bring a meal, invite to a social event with significant others, help with her boy/girl's homework, enjoy having a stroll together at free time, chat over the phone etc. new parents lack socializing, it never is what it was back than. i would put an add sayingb so on the web or in newspaper. could also post a note in a gym/library/on a university campus bord etc. to find a person willing to help. and check well references, talk with that person friends/employer etc. possibly call police for a quick advice.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 6:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• A lot of in home day care providers offer after hours sitting - mine will even keep your lil one overnight! Ask around, look on Craigslist and local papers.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2009