thong question

I was home alone with my son and i was putting laundry away and my son pointed to my panties and said when do you wear thongs??? I have No clue how to respond to this what kind of question is this his 12 years old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Just tell him that you wear then so you wont have a panty line and that way people wont make fun of you. lol Thats what my mom told my brother, it totally worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ask him if he has ever had his underwear ride up his butt. Tell him it is more comfortable to have a little bit of cloth riding up your butt, than a whole pair of underwear...LOL.
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 2:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• If my son asked me when I wore them, I would tell him "whenever I feel like it" I guess it would surprise me since he's seen them in the laundry since he was young.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• All you can do is be honest with him. Kids are smart. If you lie or make something up he'll probably know.
    newjerzymom

Answer by newjerzymom at 1:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Thongs are all over nowadays ya know, he is probably just curious why women wear underwear like that I agree with previous poster be honest i really dont think its a big deal, most women i would think wear thongs atleast occasionaly or with certain out fits, I wear thongs more often than not. If you wear thongs for comfort tell him that if you wear them because you think its cutier tell him that if its a girl thing like to avoid pantyy lines tell him that lol ya know i really dont think thats a weird question he asked, he probably wanted an honest answer lol.
    luckyblueeyeris

Answer by luckyblueeyeris at 11:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• tell him " when I have a pair of pants on that would show pantie lines"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I would answer him honestly if this were my son. Which is rarely. I would tell him women where thongs to not have that dreaded pantie line or to feel a little extra special. If my child is old enough to ask he is old enough for an answer. It is also a teachable moment that can be casual but serious too. Even humorous. I would insert when I think it is appropriate to where a thong and when I do not. Then leave it at that. No big deal but he asked so I'll bite. And what a great mom you are! The fact that your male child is comfortable to ask you, his mother (and God knows we moms are not supposed to wear thongs, date, have sex...ect), a personal question - you must have a great relationship. Way to go! Keep answering him honestly and be open (as "open" anyways that is appropriate for his age). He will continue to come to you with questions and concerns for a long time.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2009