OK, I have to ask because my brother loves to scare me and I think he has a point.

Many months ago a mom on here recommended viewing free movies on www.channel131.com for free. I was like "Cool"!, and well, I have seen a few movies not out on DVD yet. My son has watched a few also....can we get in trouble? I ask because although we don't abuse it (6 movies in 11 months), it still doesn't seem right. We haven't gotten a virus or anything from visiting this site. What do you know about this site?

ItsMeGigi69

Asked by ItsMeGigi69 at 2:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you are fine....they may eventually be shut down like Napster was due to copyright laws, but if you don't burn the movies onto disk or download them onto your harddrive, then you should be fine.

My husband pays $15 per month to watch new movies not yet on dvd at graboid.com. They will not allow you to burn the movies to disk, though. They encrypt the signal when you try so that you have a scrambled mess on your dvd when you try to play it. It's a safe, reliable, and legal site for anyone who wants to see new movies without paying theatre prices and without having to buy the dvd until you know whether you like the movie or not.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I used free viewing stuff all the time and I have never gotten into trouble. the site can get into trouble and get shut down but thats about it.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I have to agree with the pp. It would be too hard to track everyone down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yeah, as long as you're just watching them and not downloading them, no one can really do anything. It's the people posting them, and the website that would get in trouble.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 3:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2009