15 month old getting frustrated?

My 15 month old was playing with a straw today trying to get it into the hole in the lid. He did it a few times so I clapped for him but then he tried again and couldn't do it and he got REALLY frustrated. He turned a little red and started shaking, cried out, wailed his arms and threw the straw. It is normal for kids his age to get that mad? Is this something I need to teach him to control? How?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what I do with my son (who is 15 months today) is get him to try again, and this time I 'help' him just a little (guide it a little maybe) and that helps him calm down. You know he can do it, so isn't like you are not letting him try, you are just helping. After that move on to the next thing and go back to it later.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 3:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2009