I have a really wierd symptom. Please help me....

I forget to breathe. I am not kidding. I will sit and type and hold my breath until my chest hurts, then I am like....*sudden awareness* my chest hurts, hmm take a deep breath. I have been in and out of the ER all weekend for physical issues. I am very concerned about this lastest thing. I am not sure what "shortness of breath" is. I don't know how to describe this feeling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Health

• You need to call your doctor and let them know what is going on. Something in your brain is not telling you to breathe what happens when your sleeping I have heard of this and this is a real problem you need to be on this right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Sometimes I don't breathe if I'm concentrating on something really hard.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• it's more likely that you are not breathing because you are concentrating or thinking about something else. Try to relax. Stress can really get to you and if you've been sick or having issues, you could be focusing on that and not letting your body do it's thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2009