• In the Spotlight:

16 Month old will not sleep through the night

My daughter has had an ear infection and was on antibiotics twice for an ear infection in the past month. She isn't running a fever but I know she is getting her molars. I have tried everything. I wont go in there and let her cry, I will go in there at first and check her diaper and lay her back down. It is getting to the point where she is up every night for 2-3 hours a night. This has been going on for a week straight...but on and off for a month! I really don't know what to do, I need some advice. I have looked into every parenting book and website and nothing seems to help. I am also 19 weeks pregnant and this lack of sleep is doing a number on me! Any help will be much appreciated...

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 4:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Between the illness and the molars it's not surprising that she's up. It would be more surprising if she SLEPT.

Have you given her tylenol or some such for the pain? It will help. Teething tablets can also help. No sleep methods are going to make a difference at the moment as they're not designed for illness combined with teething.

Go into survival mode. Anything that you don't need to survive, you don't need for now. That will keep you off your feet a bit in the daytime.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I have been giving her Tylenol and Motrin for the pain and nothing seems to be working...I have also tried teething tablets
    MommytoBe987

Answer by MommytoBe987 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2009