what would you do?

ok so i went to pick up my neices today and we went to krogers, well finally done shopping for the month and getting in line, there was about ten people in line and only one line open , this lady that works there comes up and yanks my cart out from under me and starts pulling it to a new open register, k that is fine but im a adult and i can push it myself, you know. but she did not realize she ran over my neices foot with the cart, and my neice started to scream and cry i heard it and stopped i said what is wrong alexis she said she just ran my foot over and i got pissed and said ...would u becarefull doing that u just ran over her foot she said sorry and we got to the register and alexis was still freaking out, well we was almost done and her foot was purple and blue and she said it hurts and burns real bad so the worker said do u want to do a report and i said yes, and she acted like it was no big deal and.. contnd

firstimemomm603

Asked by firstimemomm603 at 4:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• took some pictures of it. and i called alexis grandmother who has custidy of her. and she was pissed so she talked to the gm there and they told me to take her to the er to check everything out. but my deal is why did she just come over and take it upon herself to start pulling on things and not paying attention. what would u do? i mean alexis was in pain and she was wearing flip flops and the cart had about 350 dollars worth of grocieries in it. i mean i was so mad and didnt know what to do...what do u think and what would u have done? i really wanted to run her foot over but tried to stay calm about it
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 4:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i would report it to the general office outside, not in the store only. if the condition worsen, i would even be for a court case - you never know where a simple injury can end up at. the doctors' bills can be accumulating etc. if i had time for it, i could also file a case for body part injury on a minor. have a name and bedge id of the worker. i am a mom of an 8 mnth boy and for him i could fight all evil and bad. i would also say quite a few words to my baby to always pay attantion to others actions, anticipate a bit and watch for himself/herself for well. a pics of the injury would be supportive as well. possibly even a report from the child's pediatrition or er doctor describing all the injuries. if my baby freaks up and i start loose the control, i could screem at him for what 'he' did wrong. than he could calm down feeling it was his error as well. 'you shall watch for yourself' i would say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Did you get this worker name? I would be call the corparate office today and what did the ER say? I would want this women that took it open herself to grab your cart and run this Little girls foot over. She needs to be acounted for this and I would not have stayed so calm I will give that to you I would have went up one side of this women and down the other but that is the difference between one person and another. I would not let this go what so ever you want to get at least a I am sorry from this women and a gift card of some kind. This all could have been avoided if she just used her voice not her hands.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• that is what i was thinking the er said she was ok they knew we was there and what happened and knew it would be a law suit u know if they said something was wrong they was actually snobby about it , and so we will take her to her regular doctor tomorrow, but this lady i did get her name sh is real snobby also and i wanted to do a lot more trust me i was mad but also was shocked u know. and i think i will let her grandmother take care of it but i did get a report and let her know i was pissed and she had no right do what she had done. the gm said that the lady has a daughter and prob didnt mean to . well i agree but the fact is she still done it and didnt pay attention to what she was doing, she said she didnt see her, i was like well i didnt see u until u pulled my cart out from under me
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 5:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• There will be only so much that the GM can do but you will there and she was in your care at that time so i would just stay on it and don't allow it to fall by the way side. I hope she is feeling better.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I would certainly let the GM know about it so they can retrain their workers. There certainly was a better way to let you know a lane was open.

I had STRONG words when my DD was an infant - in the cart and a store worker pulled the cart down to the end of the lane so she could bag it. When I pulled the cart BACK to me she had the nerve to take it AGAIN and say she needed it to put the bags in. I ripped her a new one completely right then and there (no curse words involved) and demanded the manager on the spot. The last thing they want is to have something happen to an infant/child because of empoyee negligence.....
    auroragold

Answer by auroragold at 8:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009