Where can we get a good deal on furniture?

My husband and I are getting furniture for each other for christmas this year (my husband is hesitant only because we're kickin butt to pay off our debt and save for a down payment on a house www.daveramsey.com) and we're budgeting for $1200. We're going to pay in cash, so we plan to get some discount just for flashing a big wad of cash, and we want a nice brown leather set (either a sofa and loveseat OR a sectional with an ottoman). Anyone have any suggestions?

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 6:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Shopping

• You aren't going to find REAL leather period for the pieces you want in that price range. You might be able to get just the sofa for that and that won't be the best quality ever. I sold furniture for years and I'd suggest Ashley Furniture Homestores just because they care inexpensive decent looking furniture and usually do cash discounts ranging from 5-10% off. The thing is that you are much better off going with fabric or microfiber if you want all of those pieces in that price range. You have to remember to average in delivery and sales tax as well as leather protection or fabric protection. So remember those things when you walk in the door :)
    Anonymous

• if you have a bobs furniture, you can try them, nice stuff, cheap prices. mybobs.com theres lots more stuff in the store.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• value city furniture
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i would go to ikea only if your husband weighs 150 pnds soaking wet.those europeans are small. though i dont know any that are...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• try this www.craiglook.com
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Our furniture is all antique. Most of the newer furniture is junk, and we wanted solid wood furniture that would last. Our furniture is from auctions, thrift shops, garage sales and alleys. There have been a few pieces that we had to refinish, but we saving thousands of dollars.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You aren't going to find good quality leather furniture for $1200...you might find some poor quality leather furniture for that price. If you really want leather and can only spend $1200, I would look at used sets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• goodwill, dollar store, big lots, ross, the swap meet and the dumpsters
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2009