Career Choices...

Okay, So I'm 21 and currently enrolled in college working toward my certificate for Medical Transcription. This is just to get my foot into the medical field and learn the basics. The problem is there are so many different things I want to do, I can't really decide.. I don't like the idea of being stuck to just one type of job my whole life. I wanted to be RN eventually, but I was want to get into criminal justice and be a probation officer or work as a social worker for teens.
I've also peeked a recent interest in becoming a teacher. I can't make up my mind!

My question is: What and Why did you decide to pick the career in which you did? Are you happy with it?

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im almost 30 and still have not figured that out, many peple waste alot of money on college to find out they are not even cut out for the degrees they went for.

But if you must know, i used the california career zone test, talked with a vocational counselor, worked many jobs, and still dont know.

Best bet would be to know YOU first, then you can know what YOU want for your life. You Are A CEO.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I have no room to talk I had my career then had kids now I am a sahm...I mean it is good and bad I guess. I have no regrets though :)
    I wish you luck...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i was a medical biller until i had the 2nd set of twins then dh said he wanted me home with all them he makes rnough where i can be here so it works out
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 9:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well I stopped going to school because I realized I had no idea what I wanted to do. I've been working in humanresources since I was 16 (I'm 22 now) and I love it. I'm now going back to school for human resource management or health and human services. I love it. That's one way to figure it out is to WORK it out. If you think you might like teaching try working as a Teachers aide. There's a way to get a taste of just about every field at entry level. But I made my choice to go back for human services based on my love of what I do.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2009