Pink Eye Relief??

My 3 year old come home from school with pinkeye in both eyes-and we got him medicated eye drops from the dr. but he is just uncomfortable,Ive been giving him a warm washcloth to try and help ease the irritation and clean the goop from his eyes,and using the drops as directed,but he's still really uncomfortable sometimes... I was just wondering if there was anything else that would ease it for him-his eyes looks SOOO awful...

dakotasmommy06

Asked by dakotasmommy06 at 7:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• once you start using the drops the itching and pain should go away. Just remember that until it's been 24 hours he's still contagious. Try a warm washcloth to wipe the goop. Not sure if tylonol can help. I have natural eye drops for pinkeye but you can't use it with the meds prescribed. Poor guy. I get pinkeye during seasonal allergies when I wear my contacts every so often. It stinks I hate it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The drops should help some. If they don't, then it's viral pink eye and may take up to a week to clear up. THere is OTC pink eye drops. THey don't help as much, but can help relief some of the itching and burning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Breast milk :)
    Anonymous