Pink Eye Relief??

My 3 year old come home from school with pinkeye in both eyes-and we got him medicated eye drops from the dr. but he is just uncomfortable,Ive been giving him a warm washcloth to try and help ease the irritation and clean the goop from his eyes,and using the drops as directed,but he's still really uncomfortable sometimes... I was just wondering if there was anything else that would ease it for him-his eyes looks SOOO awful...

Asked by dakotasmommy06 at 7:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• once you start using the drops the itching and pain should go away. Just remember that until it's been 24 hours he's still contagious. Try a warm washcloth to wipe the goop. Not sure if tylonol can help. I have natural eye drops for pinkeye but you can't use it with the meds prescribed. Poor guy. I get pinkeye during seasonal allergies when I wear my contacts every so often. It stinks I hate it.

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The drops should help some. If they don't, then it's viral pink eye and may take up to a week to clear up. THere is OTC pink eye drops. THey don't help as much, but can help relief some of the itching and burning.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Breast milk :)