OWWWWWWWWWWW

My legs hurt so bad, like, right where my thigh bones meet my pelvic bone. And the pain is shooting into my vagina when I walk, like I pulled a muscle or something. I know this is just my body getting ready for delivery & whatnot, but I am having trouble walking around!! I was limping at the grocery store yesterday & I can't go to class today, 'cause it will hurt having to walk up the giant hill from my car to campus...is there anything I can do to ease the pain...besides not walking/moving?!

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 8:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think I had pain like you are describing...I hurt when I raised my legs. For example, I felt the pulling and burning when I put pants on. Sorry to tell you, but the only thing that made that pain go away was delivery. My doc said it is the ligaments in your pelvis stretching for baby. I was fine about a week after I had my son. Just take it as easy as you can, that helped some. Just to get off my feet and lay down. Hope that helped!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I know how you feel hun! This is my 3rd pregnancy and they say ligament pain gets worse with subsequent pregnancies and let me tell you, they are RIGHT! I never had pain like this in my past 2 pregnancies, and I'm only 30 weeks! I know what PP is talking about how it hurts to put your pants on, it feels like my pubic bone was punched and is going to crumble or something. I haven't found or know of any remedies that help, hang in there!!

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• What you are feeling is a pinched syatic (sp?) nerve. I had issues with it in my second trimester. It hurts like hell and makes walking difficult. Only things I ever found that help were having someone massage the upper part of my thigh and using heat wraps. When it gets really bad try not to walk. Don't put cold on it!!!! It makes your nerves contract and the pain gets worse. Just wait it out. My doc told me it's usually just a temp thing in the first two trimesters. Some women though deal with the pain even years after they've had their children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Nov. 13, 2009