Do you ever have mornings like this? Atleast these are one of them :/

OMG! I was fixing my dd hair and since she has long hair I usually fix it up in a pony tail or just have of the front up and the rest just loose. Anyway she asked for 2 ponytails and I don't know what I was thinking I made the two ponytails then I put them together and put another ponytail holder on that. She got so upset and started to cry by this time it was time to leave. I did not know she was going to react this way had I known but she did tell me how she wanted it today (she usually doesn't care). I know I could have let that one ponytail go by taking it off but then I said wait a minute I am the parent here we gotta go...If we had more time I probably would have taken it off.
Aarrgg! sometimes my little girl drives me crazy!!! I love them so much though.
Venting....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes many! This morning I asked Emma if she wated to to zip her jacket. She said "no!" I said "are you sure? " "I dont want it zipped!" "okay" i said. Well as we are walking down the stairs she says "I want my jacket zipped" I said " No I asked you and you said No" She she screamed the whole way to the van...owell. Let me tell you next time we left the house and I asked her she said yes!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• At least she lets you do her hair. My girls hate having their hair done and refuse to brush it. My 9yo goes to school most mornings with her hair in a giant knot on the back of her head and she doesn't care.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ohhhh, my mornings are complete and total hell some days. My 5 1/2 yo daughter is a couch potato in the mornings. She likes to have her tea in her jammies while watching PBS kids. Some mornings she gets up and gets dressed and ready with no problems. Other days... watch OUT. She is a like a ticking time bomb if you try to get her ready before she's fully awake. Flipping out about everything from clothes to the shoes she's gonna wear. And her way of flipping out is far more frustrating, as she sits with her arms and legs folded tightly across her without saying a word but refusing to budge. If I pick her up to get her ready, she turns to stone lol. I feel your pain!
    DaynaLea212

Answer by DaynaLea212 at 6:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yep! My 5yo daughter is into brushing her own hair, but it looks like she has bed head when she's done. I feel bad b/c I want her to be independent, but not to send her to school looking like a cat attacked her head. So she gets mad that I want to re-brush her hair. Agh. I have 3 kids and I'm glad she's the only girl LOL... my boys have short haircuts and I don't have to do anything with their hair!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 12:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Shes showing her independence
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 2:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2009