Can someone who has lyme disease get the flu?

I have two friends and they are so differently effected by the disease. One says he can't wait to get the flu because he'll know then that lyme disease is finally out of his system/body. he gets shots every 3 weeks. My other friend was a Picc line in her arm, takes tons of meds a day and complains daily of everything, she's been out of work for 8 months. She is deathly afraid of gettting the flu, to the point she doesnt leave her house ( she is extremely dramatic).She laughed and put my other friend down because "OMG, yes you can get the flu, when you have lyme disease it takes you immune system right down to zero" -my two friends don't know each other-
So I'm wondering....is it possible for a person who has lyme disease to get the flu?

cuteasabutton78

Asked by cuteasabutton78 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Health

• Yes you can get the flu with lyme disease or any other, maybe the guy had the vaccine?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• yes! My friend has Lymes and she would get sick when she had it.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009