Christmas is coming.....I need suggestions for my infants day care provider

What are/have you ladies given as gifts to your daycare provider? This is my first year with one and she is an In Home provider. Me and my baby love her. I would like to do something nice but not too costly for her and I would love any suggestions. Thanks!!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 9:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daycare provider is amazing, and like you I am always tight this time of year, I gave her a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure at the salon she goes to, she never does anything for herself! I spent 50 dollars on it, I know that is alot, but I figure she watches my DS and I will make the money up with someone else--LOL . She loved it and already told me she hopes she is getting the same thing this year, good luck, good daycare providers are sooo hard to find!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I didn't get mine anything, but they did get my duaghter a gift. So I printed up a cute picture with the date and her name one it and wrote a nice thank you.

Maybe soemthing like that. Just a cute keepsake photo kind of hting
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• OP: Those are both really good ideas! I am afraid if I gave her $$ that she would not use it on herself - and when you give money you always have to decide what the appropriate amount might be!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• When I worked in daycare one of my very favorite gifts ever came from a mom of two little boys. They got me a blanket (the fleece kind you can find at Walmart for like $5) a mug and some hot chocolate. She wrote a sweet little poem about how much she appreciated us holding and cuddling her boys when she couldn't and how now we could snuggle up for some "me time" while we were home. Something along those lines. That was 3 or 4 years ago. My newborn has adopted the blanket this year (still so soft) and I still have the mug.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ooo Kitten that is GREAT Idea! Maybe some slippers too, i noticed that hers were looking like they could use replacing
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2009