real good advices...

i will be in search for a job soon. it is time consuming - all know - and i don't think i have that much of it left on a daily basis. if i find a good opportunity, is there any tip you could tell for me to land the job i want? it is so hard to find any decent sounding in my area (physics, ne ohio) therefore i am looking for real good hints. is telling an employer i have a baby to care for a proper way to address the matters to be hired, future timetable etc. ? should some of it be discussed real only when any issues evolve? how did you find a job on a spot and got it? i looked up months before i conceived with no results :( and i really invested in my education. i would do a job not necessary close to it (even though i'd prefer the last) if well paid. what to say than? should i take extra steps so as to improve my credit score or anything far from real employment for it? what would it be?

baby133

Asked by baby133 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are more great tips in the CafeMom job hunting moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I always get the job on the spot. They smell your confidence. Whats yours like?

Emma Weeekly

You Are A CEO Successprenuer

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i think i am on top of it.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation

Answer by rkoloms at 6:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I've been working at home for over a year and I've been able to find some successful jobs working at home as an independent contractor, I got some information through this site and I've gotten a lot of help try visiting the site and give them a try, they may be able to help you out if your trying to build your own business, I know they've help me. :)
    http://www.wahmjobfinder.com/livelonger
    WAHMLivingHappy

Answer by WAHMLivingHappy at 11:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2009