Annoying Cat

the thing is the most defiant animal I have ever seen. he won't leave the kitchen when i'm cooking (i literally have to pick him up and remove him) then he's back 2 min later. I can't train him because no one else will follow through with the discipline. I can't give him away cause he's not mine he's my BIL's. Is it ok to throw a cat outside (for just a couple hours) during the winter? I really am going crazy with this animal.

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 9:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pets

• Aw! that kitty likes you.
    If you do throw him out make sure the kitty still has his claws with out them he cannot defend himself.
    Or just put him in the bathroom for alittle while he might meow but hey he is out of your hair and in the kitchen. I'd rather put him in the bathroom he safer that way. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• oh dont do that, my cat is annoying but i could never throw her out, even if for a little while. when she gets that way i give her the cap of an empty water bottle and that usually keeps her entertained for a while.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Cats always love the one who hates them!! I use a spray water bottle and squirt my cat when she jumps on the counter! If she has claws and it is not freezing out, it wouldn't hurt to let her out for a bit, we can't keep our cat inside! Good luck mom!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• If the cat is not used to going outside I would be careful aout that because some cats get scared and run off. Besides if this is not your cat then you need to talk to your BIL about it. Is the cat jumping on the counters? if not i don't see what the problem is because it looks like the cat likes you. If it bothers you that much just use a squirt bottle. You can train him on your own you really don't need the others cooperation. I have 6 cats and have trained them all myself without help.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Give him something to eat while you are cooking, my cat is just like that she loves it when I cook!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Oh my! I have this problem with my purrbil girl! She is horrid when I cook or even think about eating or preparing anything that as to do with food! She is on the countertop in a minute. Or she sits and miaows until I stop and pet her, give her a taste and then put her on the floor and shew her away. Sometimes if she likes it I have to get dd or dh to come and get her for me. DD will give her a cat toy or some small item that she can throw around on the bathroom floor and she's ok until she gets bored and if I am not done, she's back again!
    alizarin_sunset

Answer by alizarin_sunset at 11:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• oh gosh i have a annoying dog oh my gosh she gets on my nerve... everywhere i go there she is i cant even take a shower w/o her trying to come in i cant stand my dog. GL with your cat hun.
    godsgirl26

Answer by godsgirl26 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Absolutely not! At least not if it is a house cat, and you are also taking a risk that it will not be around to come in at your convenience. Bathrooms are a great solution for confining a cat - but know some cats love to shred toilet paper and knock things off shelves. Maybe the basement? Tell the family that if they won't help amuse the cat that you can not cook. You'll get help.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 5:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I have 3 cats and 2 dogs and at times they are all annoying!! lol....but I think it is just because they want to be around you and want attention. Have you tried just taking a few minutes and playing with the cat. Then after just give him a plastic bottle cap or the ring off a milk container. Mine love that. Also, get a cat tree with some hanging things they will keep themselves entertained.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2009