does your dog steal?

I keep a bowl of seasonal fruit on the table. Yesterday my dog, right in front of me, stands up on the table, grabs an apple, lays down and eats it.

I heard her chewing this morning, looked over, and she'd grabbed herself a pear.

Don't they usually eat meat?
We also have to lock up all our underwear. Dirty diapers have to go all the way outside immediately.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL. first, diapers can "clog up" a dog, and kill them, so please be careful...i had to ask the vet after my dog was stealing them (from the trash!). Also, dog's can eat anything healthy for us, except grapes and chocolate (grapes can kill them, chocolate, depending on the amount)..yep, had to call the vet on that one too! Mushrooms that grow wild outdoors too...bad. Another vet call.

One of my dog's likes to steal underwear and socks! The other dog steals anything edible. She used to jump and steal it right out of your hands or mouth, but now she just tries to steal it off the table. I have finally taught her to stay out of the kitchen. She's eaten some pretty nasty things...uncooked dough, grease spilled.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• We don't have dog anymore but last night one was on our porch and when my husband opened the door and it just came it. My husband and son played with it and it was sweet. Knew how to sit, fetch and everything. Sweet dog. I think it went back home though while we were at church.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• puppyThat is too cute!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• haha yES! My dog ate an entire loaf of bananna bread one night. He even managed to get the foil off and lick it clean. We have to be careful not to leave food out if we aren't around. But not too long ago he got daring and too a rib while we were one room over! And of course, he got sick from it. Silly dog. There's a reason we don't give you people food all the time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Oh yes!!! anything he can get his paws or mouth on. He takes dishes out of the sink, cookies from the babies hands, any food related item in a car, He cannot be trusted : ) and he loves to chew up pencils.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 9:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Aw, that is so sweet!
    I know that dogs eat all sorts of foods besides meats. They eat certain veggies, cheese, peanut butter, and cookies made especially for dogs that taste like chocolate & chocolate chip. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well at least the dog is chosing healthy snacks. : ) My neighbor has an apple tree and when the apples drop in my yard my dogs will eat them. But no my dogs don't snatch food in the house.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• puppyOur dog steal everything she can find, after the boys "clean" their room. What has been hidden under the bed, or tossed on the closet floor, she gets and drops at my feet. I love this tattling dog. She never lies!

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• our basset hound does.. no matter what we do. Because get this? She can jump up on the countertop! She can jump baby gates too. Drives me crazy! My other dog wouldnt take food unles you put it in front of her and said "ok" but tootsie our basset will steal it right off your plate right in front of you
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 10:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• oh, i forgot about foil wrappers (from pop tarts)...bad. But the pop tarts just cause diarreha...and entire box of them that is, lol.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2009