How do you get A 7 month old to freakin sleep all night????

My DD is almost 7 months old and is still not sleeping through the night. Im beyond exhausted and at my wits end!!!! I dont know what to do! She is BF and gets solids throughout the day. Her night time routine is bath, bananas, oatmeal, quiet play, breatfeed, sleep. Sometimes its 4-5 hours of sleep then shes awake and eats then sleeps from 30 mins tp 2 hours then is awake again and other times shes up every 2 hours! I need any advice. I never let her CIO for more than ten mins cuz i just cant.......so any advice welcome please!!!!!!

AmyShaffer06

Asked by AmyShaffer06 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just curious if you give her a paci in bed? with DS as soon as I stopped doing that, he slept throught the night! The first night it took him a lil longer to fall asleep, but he wasnt waking throughout the night to find it.
    If not, then when she wakes up and is crying for more than the time you allow, go in rock her in your arms until she falls asleep, or calms down, then lay her down and leave.She knows that you feed her and its a comfort. So, like the paci, she wakes up and wants something to soothe her back to sleep, thats you. You may even ask your SO to go in and try to calm her down bc she knows she's not getting anything out of him lol. GL momma! It took me til 9 months b4 mine finally slept all night, who knew it was the paci's fault!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Unfortunately, some babies are just not ready to sleep through the night. My guy didn't until 14 months. Through many conversations I ended up realizing a year is pretty par for the course. Right now many things may be going on, teething, growth spurt, etc. It will happen soon enough. Hang in there. You have made it so far and it is only going to be a bit longer. You can do it! You are doing great!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My little one is 7 months, going on 8 months, and she just barely started sleeping through the night. It was more stressful to try all the methods that the doctor and that several of my friends had suggested to try to get her to sleep through the night than it was to just accept she wasn't ready.

When she'd wake up for the first time, I'd pull her into bed with us. That way, for the second feeding, all I'd have to do is fix a bottle (bottle of water and formula on the nightstand) and feed her right there.

Try to hold on to your patience. I know there were nights when I just wanted to beg her to stay asleep. Remember, it's not forever. Pretty soon, you'll be begging them to wake up in the morning to go to school!! lol
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 10:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Sorry, no advice here I just wanted to say that my 11 month old is BF and fed solids throughout the day and still doesn't sleep through the night either. On a good night she'll go from 7:00 to 3:30 or so before waking up but most nights it's about every 3 hours. My son, on the other hand was also BF and sleeping through the night at two months, so... Some babies just take longer to be ready to sleep through the night. Hang in there!
    jax81

Answer by jax81 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My first didn't sleep 3-4 hours until about 14 months... didn't sleep the entire night until he was 2.
    If you're getting a 4-5 hour stretch, you're nearly at "through the night" (which is 5 hours).
    She'll sleep when she's ready and nothing you do will change it.
    You can make things easier on yourself though... first is to co-sleep after she wakes up that first time and second is to move clocks out of your view in bed. You won't feel so bad about the situation if you don't know exactly how much you're waking and if she's right there you can both go right back to sleep.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Five hours IS sleeping through the night,. I'm afraid. You will get eight hours again in...oh, about 50 years or so. **grin**

Check out :The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. It will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009