seriously...

why is it that when someone wants to see your kids they say "when are you coming to see us, i want to see the baby" instead of asking when they can come to your house to see the baby...why do they expect you to bring the kids to them when they want to see them? it's easier for someone without kids to get ready and go somewhere anyways. and you'd think the grandparent would come see the baby if they wanted to see them as bad as they claim instead of waiting for you to come to their house

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• When they say that. Just tell them they are invited to come over anytime they want to, to see the kids.

Answer by louise2 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i know the feeling. i have 4 kids and my parents are always like bring them! its like damn... i have to pack them all to travel 4 hours, why cant you come here, its just the 2 of you..WTH! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I quit talking to my mom because of that reason. I would ask her to come over to my house because it's much easier and she always said no. So I told her if you really want to see your granddaughter then you can come over to my house and see her. It's been since August since I've seen or heard anything from my mom. If she trully wanted to see my daughter she would have come over by now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I get the same thing, my DD godparents - godmother "doesn't like to go to other peoples houses". So this meant we where suppose to pack up and come see them. I stopped since they also smoked in the house. The would say everytime I saw them or talked to them we really miss Breanne why don't you come over. They were completely oblivious, then they would have parties and always invite us. Then they got mad we never came so no loss to me it was like seriously you cannot see my point?
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My MIL is the same way. We always ask them to come to our house and she always has an excuse. When we had the twins she expected us to go see them when they were only 1 1/2 months old! My son passed away at 4 1/2 months old and she probably saw him twice I think? The kicker is they live four hours away! does she not remember what it was like having to pack all the extras...and they have nothing for a kid so we have to bring toys, highchair etc. Its annoying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My in laws are like that too, they ask us all the time when are you coming? 2 hours drive. We tell them all the time come to ours when ever you want and see the baby.
    1) Our house is safer for our baby (we moved our stuff and made it safer for our baby
    2) Baby don't have to seat in car seat for 2 hours
    3) They never turn on the Ac or heater when we needed
    4) his toys and his crib ( he have to have his oun bed.
    So why you are expecting to us come to your house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It could be because, some people consider it rude to invite themselves over and want you to invite them over. It could also be because it is hard for some people to get out.
    Now, with that said, I have four children and HATE going to other people's houses. My house is childproof and if my child breaks something I will not feel bad or feel like I have to replace it. Luckily our friends and family understand this. In turn we get "why are rushing off?" when we do go to somebody's house and get ready to go.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i've told her to call me whenever she wants to come see the kids, she never does
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009