post partum questions

ok here it is, i gave birth 3.5 weeks ago vaginally but had to use the vacuum. i also tore in many places and received many stitches. i am still really sore down there. any suggestions on how to clean the area even though its really sore? every time i pee i use the water bottle they gave me but there is still a mild odor (nothing too bad) when i'm in the shower i let the water run on it but it kinda hurts. also, i've been bleeding since the birth up until a couple days ago. now fluid still comes out but its kind of yellowish. is this normal? could just use some help. this was my first pregnancy. thank you.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The fluid is normal. You can do sitz baths like you may have done in the hospital. Here are directions.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4732284_do-sitz-bath-home.html

You can use witch hazel on the stitches. It's in the pads for hemorrhoids. You can get it at some drug stores and at health food type grocery stores. Try to get the kind with as little extra stuff in it as possible.

You shouldn't be going out so if you don't have anyone that can get the witch hazel just keep doing the water bottle.

I hope you heal soon.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2009