WTF is wrong with Toy manufacturers?

Why? Why? Why? Do they cement, screw, twisty tie, tape, glue, etc. etc. etc. the toys to the package? For the love of GOD WHY??????????????????? Who are these toy bandits that are protecting themselves from?

Oh and while were at it....do all battery compartments really need to be screwed down? Can't we just teach our kids not to eat batteries!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL.. good question, i just cut the twistie ties off with scissors..works better than untwisting all of them. as for the battery area, i only screw one screw to make it easier, or i tape it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• LMAO....I know! It drives me nuts every Christmas and birthday, having to open all their toys for them b/c they can't do it b/c it's locked down like a prison during a riot.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i know!!! it actually makes for more hassle b/c my toddler is always so interested in all the tiny pieces of trash that are making the toy "safe" for her. she loves to chew on those twisty tie things & so i have to be the big bad guy taking it away from her...oh the joy!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yes, it angers me every Christmas. I am ok with the screw in the battery but everything else no. I think they have toy packagers somewhere laughing at us, saying hahaha wish I could watch them open this one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Quit buying toys then you won't have to whine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

Thanks so much for your incredible insight. Now go take your Midol like a good little girl.

Anyway, we get so frustrated every Christmas and birthday when the kids get toys and we practically have to use the jaws of life to get their toys out of the packages. One year, after the kids had gotten presents from the inlaws on Christmas Eve, I kid you not, we stayed up for 2 HOURS just trying to get maybe 5 toys out of the packages!! We used wire cutters for the twist ties.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• lol...i say this every year at christmas and birthdays! I joke that it's the toy manufactures way of saying "fu" to parents and getting a good laugh! Drives me bananas every year. Thanks for the laugh on the topic:)
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• They want to package things securly so they won't break in transit. You sound kinda high maintenance. Is it REALLY that tough? And what's up with your language....the "WTF" is very crude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I hate opening toys! They adult proof them! My dd does a better job geting them out of the box than I do! So many twisty ties, plastic 'leash' bands, rubber bands, plastic that 's 'sown ' to the hair off dolls! Then there's tape and the way they package the box or container is like breaking into Fort Knox as well. It is something I have to do though because dd loves her toys..sigh!
    alizarin_sunset

Answer by alizarin_sunset at 11:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• LOL! we go through this every Christmas, kids jumping down at my feet while I am trying to break the chains on the toys! Next time I am going to use a chainsaw right away, save me a couple of minutes. LOL! "High maintenance"

eye rollingWhat's high maintenance about wanting to open a toy without ripping your fingers off?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2009