Do not like a friend of a friend...

Since school started, I've became very good friends with a mom who has a DD in my DD's preschool class. Class is only a couple hours, so after dropping them off, we usually hang out together until it's time to pick the kids up again. Lately my friend has been bringing along a friend of hers that she has made since the beginning of the school year (her DD is in the same class as my friend's DS).

I've always had the opinion "the more the merrier" so I welcomed her without problem. However, I DO NOT LIKE THIS PERSON. She is crude. She cusses like a sailor and doesn't mind an occasional throw-out of the N-word. She is over-the-top opinionated and believes her way of thought or doing is the only way and readily puts down any that don't do the same.

I would really love to never be around this person again. I want to be "adult" about this, but I'm just not sure what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell her how you feel about this low class person. This is a very touchy feeling area, especially by a school. People will talk with the people you hang and associate with. If you think teachers don't gossip or talk about stuff like that you are highly mistaken. There are the hardworking parents, the sahm that are so sweet, the sahm that are still in high school mode. Which one are you? So if it bothers you that much do something. I just wait outside.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well....not really much you can do if you're hanging out at the school while waiting. Unless you want to stop hanging out with your friend that you do like. You could try talking to your friend and telling her that her friend makes you uncomfortable, but she might take that as kind of a "her or me" thing, and it could backfire. I wish I had something more helpful to say.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2009