What do you think of them?

Are yo-yo's on the comeback for childrens toys? What do you think of them? Does your child have one and do you let them take it to school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• they shouldn't take any toys to school.... my dd dosen't have one but she's 3 and don't know how to do it anyways
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My kids have had them in the past; they love them. I don't let them take them to school. I never let them take any toys to school.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• We've had plenty of them through the years. No one can ever work them correctly. We keep them until I eventually chuck them. I personally would never buy one.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my kids think they're "Awesome"... so do i- no batteries, no noise, portable... what could be better? and it helps teach great coordination skills!!

as for school?? absolutely NOT. NO toys go to school, or anything that could be used as one. lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• yo-yo's are great for kids that are old enough to not just play with the string :)

Bring them to school - absolutely not! No toys should be sent to school unless there is show and tell.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I was at the park last week and saw probably six 8-11 yr olds playing with them.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My kids think I'm a god because I can work a yo-yo, lol. I used to have one in college. Picked it up in the toy section when I was bored one day and used to sit there and play with it in between classes and work.

I bought one at Target a couple weeks ago for the kids but the broke the sides off. It still works, though, and I find myself absently playing with it every now and then. The kids can't figure it out.

And, no, they aren't allowed to bring any toys to school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my son is 4, i doubt he could do that yet. no i dont have one, toys arent allowed at his school, they are a distraction that gets lost/ stolen... but i teach and my school has the "ned show" every year --- which is a yo yo trick show where they sell yoyo's....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Children shouldn't take any toys to school unless it is something for show and tell. Toys shouldn't be allowed in school as they are distracting and most likely land the child in trouble. If, of course, that child plays with it at inappropriate times. I think Yo-Yo's have been off and on as a popular toy since they were first invented. That's one of those toys that just never falls out of the market.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my girls are freakishly good with the yoyo. until its used as a weapon....then its mine.

and we don't send toys to school either. not gonna go into a long winded explanation....I just don't.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009