I want to go to work, but I'mhaving trouble with the idea of a baby-sitter.

My LO is almost 15 months, and we could use the extra income, but I have no family that could watch him, besides my sister, and my sister is a very jealous person, and she already feels like he is the "favorite", but she thinks that about everyone on her's and her husband's side of the family. Because of that, I don't know if I trust her, because I know she can be mean when she is jealous. She's did it to me. I'm afraid she'll be mean to my LO. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 8 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well I dont know what you could do...I would suggest looking at different daycares/sitters and interview them and see if they would be a fit for you.If you are looking for work,maybe try a daycare so that you could take your child to work.I work at my dd's school part time and the hours are the only ones that work for us.I know how it is to need to work.Could you work opposite shifts of your SO/DH?That may be something else t o consider as well.Good luck!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I work Friday and sometimes Saturday nights when my dh is home from work and can watch my LO. I can't imagine leaving him with someone else!

Answer by missanc at 11:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my suggestion is to look for a job that you can work around your husband shedual... or look at different daycares... some will hire and allow you to bring one child to work free. My husband and I work for the same company but opposite sifts, so it works out perfect.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Family is nice to use when there is an emergency or part time fill in for child care, but I understand your concern. The challenge of finding someone you can trust with your precious child that you don't know is a tough one. I've been doing this for a long time and I feel for the parents taking that step. I would love to help you out with this. Some big things to remember during your search is to ask questions, a lot of them. Have a meeting with the provider during daycare hours. Lunch time is not the perfect time to drop in, but find out when he/she can work you into their day. Before you go, figure out what kinds of things you are going to look for and are important to you. One on one time, do they read to the kids, are they part of a food program, do they have a structured day or free play all day? Things like that. Watch how the children interact with them. Does the provider take time to answer questions.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• more... do they like the provider? How clean is the house? Too clean isn't good. Are toys out? Are children playing? Is it a child friendly environment. Ask for references. Have references available for yourself as well. Get a copy of their policies. Read them! Do they have child development training? Make sure they are licensed. How long have they been doing it? Experience is important. How are children disciplined? Time outs a last resort? Lots of praise? Hours they are open. When do you pay? For their vacation time, sick time, holidays? See how they interact with your child. A lot is intuition. Trust yourself. Can you just drop in? You should be able to. It isn't one sided. Respect the provider, work with them, if you have questions, message me. Its a good step. There are good people out there taking care of children but some not so good too.

Good Luck!!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2009