Eggnog and Preg?

So i bought some reg ole Eggnog at the grocery store last night. No whiskey.. nothing alcoholic about it. I had a cup of it.. and it was delicious. I was thinking about the eggs tho. It is okay to drink eggnog while preg right? in moderation.. non alcoholic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Um why not? The only reason yu would need to drink it in moderation is because it can be high in fat. But if you want egg nog 3 times a day or more, go for it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-drink-eggnog-during-pregnancy_10322.bc

This link should help!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I did though not in moderation . I never thought it would hurt. I craved it and drank a half gallon a day for about a month. My sons fine. I would ask your doctor if your unsure. It never accured it might be unhealthy otherwise I would've. Though my last doc. almost from the beginning to the last 2 mnths said energy drinks were OK. Then I called my old doc who said she was a Quack. So she would've said yes either way.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yes store bought eggnog is safe because the eggs are pastuerized. Don't drink homeade egg nog because you and your baby can get seriously sick from the raw eggs. I checked on this last week because I'm pregnant and craving egg nog as well!!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• yes, iagree with mamachamp..... it's pastuerized.... don't worry
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Mmm egg nog! omg i want some now!!!! I also think its safe too like the other woman said :)
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 2:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I had eggnog but i made sure to do some research.

It said store brand is an OK
    but home made is a NO NO
    TripGirl

Answer by TripGirl at 2:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• yep.. thanks ladies. The eggnog is delicious! ;)
    Anonymous